
Richard Dunne believes he can be part of a Champions League challenge at Villa.
The Irish international, who sealed a move from Manchester City, has been impressed by the club's year-on-year improvement and he wants to help them go a step further.
He told AVTV: "I'm delighted. It's a great opportunity for me. Obviously Aston Villa have improved each season recently.
"Hopefully I can be part of a squad that can challenge for a Champions League spot.
"I think with Aston Villa, with the experience they would have gained from last season - they went so close for so long at the top end and the manager has bought in some new players into the squad this year - maybe it might help us go that bit further."
The central defender admitted he was relieved to finally complete his move.
He added: "I came on Friday and passed my medical and I thought it would be a straightforward day for me.
"I think there was just a lot of pressure on a lot of people with so many deals going through but I'm just really pleased that finally we have it all done."
1 kommentti:
Olisihan nyt syytä olla tyytyväinen. Dunne pelasi hienon ottelun ja puolustus tuntui pitkästä aikaa sellaiselta että johtajuutta ei puuttunut. Kaikki kolme uutta puolustajaa avasi hienosti ja Carewin ja Agbonlahorin yhdistelmä pelasti päiväni! T:Anssi
Lähetä kommentti